Pre-Rolls on YouTube are played before the video spots. The non-skippable option ensures that your PreRoll cannot be skipped by the user, which results to a guaranteed ad playout.
- Video length: For bumper ads – max. 6 seconds | For pre-rolls – max. 30 seconds
- Video codec: H.264
- Aspect ratio: 16 : 9
- Audio bitrate: 128 kbit/s or higher
- Video bitrate: no recommended minimum (50-80 mbit/s is commonly used)
- Frame rate: 24, 25 or 30 FPS
- For delivery as MPEG-2, MPEG Layer II or Dolby AC-3 must be selected as audio codec.
- For delivery as MPEG-4, AAC must be selected as the audio codec.
For advertising media provided via third-party providers (VAST CONFORM)
- VAST versions: VAST 2.0, VAST 3.0 and VAST 4.0 tags are supported
- Format: H.264 (MP4)
- Aspect ratio & bitrate: 16 : 9 or 4 : 3 | resolution of maximum 720p (optional: 1080p); must contain at least one media file below 1000 kbit/s
- Audio format: MP3 or AAC preferred
- Frame rate: Up to 30 FPS
- Additional details on requirements: https://bit.ly/2Wntmhe